Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Attic Kitty

There's a new kitty hanging out outside my front door. We call him "Attic Kitty", because during the blizzards this winter, he somehow found a way into our attic from the roof.

In the middle of the night of the first snow storm, we heard meowing coming from the attic. He had gotten up on the roof and enlarged a whole that had been in our vent and climbed in and just wanted to let us know he was there. Hubby went up into the attic and fed him, he sounded so pitiful.

We didn't fix the hole until this spring, but we only fed him when the weather was the absolute worst, cause we didn't want to encourage him to stick around. Now he sits out on our front porch step in the morning and when I get home from work, meowing and trying to rub up against me. The kids sneak cat food out to him (like the 5 indoor kitty mouths I have to feed aren't enough.)

He's sweet, maybe 4 months old or just very small. But he seems to have mange or something, he's missing alot of hair on the insides of his back legs. He's completely black. Hubby says he's a he, I haven't looked, lol. Last week we went the whole week without feeding him, hoping he'd go back home, and instead, he left us most of 2 very fat mice on the sidewalk. Guess he thought we'd run out of food. Very thoughtful of him, but eww!

I imagine he "belongs" to the guy who keeps a bunch of feral cats in his abandoned house across the street, or one of the new neighbors, so I don't want to take him to the SPCA or anything, so I just live and let live. I DO NOT NEED another CAT!

1 comment:

EmBee said...

Just wanted to let you know, I'm Back to Blogging!

And NO, you do not need another cat.
:-)